Sunday, July 05, 2009

Shreveport's July 4: TonyReans.com


TonyReans.com
Originally uploaded by trudeau
Olympus E330 (7.5MP) camera with my 14-45mm lens, mostly near the 14mm end.

Mostly, I used f/4, f/5.6 and f/8. I also tried 2 seconds, 4 seconds, and 8 seconds, and I’m happiest with the 2 and 4 . The 8-second exposures had too much blur from the smoke and wind blowing the falling fireworks streamers. For a few, I tried 1 second, but they were too dark too.

ISO didn’t seem to make too much of a difference, but I only used 100, 125 and 200. If I had gone up to 400 or 600, I guess there would have been a big change.

Both of the photos I sent were shot at f/4, ISO 125, at 2 seconds, on the incandescent white balance setting (to make them more blue). The one with the Texas Street bridge was at 14mm, and the one with the red fireworks was at 21mm. Of course, I used a tripod. I’m not that steady!

- Tony