Monday, March 07, 2005

Michael Parker, on the left - in both senses of the term


Michael Parker, David Nelson and Bill Daniel
.

Hello, friends and citizens. This is Michael Parker, & I'm writing all of you because I just found out today, as I'm sure many of you did, that George Bush is coming to town on Friday, March 11. I feel that this requires a peaceful, nonconfrontational, boisterous, creative and witty response. To that end, my wife Sheila Kelley and I are willing to host a meeting at our home, 528 Wilkinson St., in Highland, to discuss said response. My feeling is that people should gather in Columbia Park day of for a march down Kings to Centenary, where the speech is to take place. I don't have any illusions about being able to get close to the event itself, but Kings is visible enough that we could have a real visual impact, particularly with signs, costumes, etc. That's just an initial suggestion, I'm not committed to any particular format of action.
Some of you are close friends, some acquaintances, some no more than telephone voices or email correspondents at this point. It's time for us to come together, to speak the truth to the barely-hanging-on-to-power. We are not that far from critical mass, brothers and sisters, and if we can be a visible dissenting presence someplace where he probably feels most comfortable, we can get some momentum going.
Please invite anyone else who you think would be sympathetic, just rsvp so we can get a reasonable headcount. Email, call, stop by, whatever you feel comfortable with. Peace, y'all
Michael Parker
528 Wilkinson
227-7685

No comments: